Occasion: Birthday Party
Theme: Afternoon Tea/Garden Party
I adore afternoon tea parties! Going to posh hotels and quirky cafes for cream teas is such a lovely experience. It’s a great way to celebrate occasions. However it can be expensive but taking the hotel experience at home gives you a different ambiance. It’s more cosy and comfortable. I love getting out my cute tea set and decorating the table with pretty tablecloths and matching cups and saucers. It find it very therapeutic.
So for my 25th birthday, I wanted throw my own afternoon tea soiree at home for my family.
My Basic Kit
- Tea set (Tea pot, tea cups and saucers)
- Cake stand
- Floral paper plates/matching napkins
I have 3 tea pats at home so it really unnecessary to buy another one! But I found this amazing website: http://www.detableware.co.uk/tea-sets that do lovely tea pots even a diva tea pot! Check it out !
Decoration and Theme
I wanted the decoration quite simple, shabby chic kind of style. So I got some tissue pom poms, hot pink and ivy colours. I had to get some cute dollies and some flowery wrapping paper to hide clutter. Also labels for the sandwiches and fresh flowers.
- Teas: Earl grey, English breakfast and Chamomile
- Sandwiches: Ham and mustard, brie and grapes, smoked salmon and cream cheese, prawn and cucumber, coronation chicken and egg and mayo
- Scones with clotted cream and jam
- Fruit pastries
- BBQ chicken wigs
- Fruit kebabs
- Cupcakes: chocolate, fruit, orange, strawberries
- Victoria sponge cake
- Individual mini cakes
Pingback: My Birthday | Relaxed Chic